Farm Hand Volunteers
From the beginning Farm Hand Volunteers have driven the work of the Northern Neck Farm Museum. There are endless opportunities for you to get involved providing a service that you enjoy.
- Welcoming visitors to the museum
- Talking with visitors about the exhibits
- Serving on a work crew to build exhibits
- Maintaining the grounds and building
- Teaching or chaperoning school field trips
- Telephoning volunteers
- Writing newsletter articles and press releases
- Researching the history of artifacts
- Creating exhibits
- Coordinating volunteers
- Serving as Museum Historian
- Fund Raising
- Working in the gift shop
- Folding and stuffing newsletters
- And many more
To sign up as a Farm Hand please fill out the online form or complete the application below and we will contact you..
Donations of Farm Equipment and Artifacts
The Northern Neck Farm Museum sincerely appreciates the donations of farm equipment and artifacts. In order to care for them properly, the Accessions Committee must first determine if the item is something that can be effectively used and cared for by the museum and if it will meaningfully contribute to the current exhibits. A form has been developed that allows you to tell us about the potential donation so a decision can be made. Please click below for the form.
Please review the Museum’s Accession Policy and then submit your potential donation for review. If you have any questions you may email us at email@example.com or phone 804.761.5952.